Friday, June 5, 2009

The baby Folau...

Most people aren't aware that I have first cousins on my Dad's side only because there is just one of my Dad's sibilings that live state side. Along with the fact that we grew up with my Mom's side (Filimoeatu's) since my parents left the islands to come to the U.S.

Anyhow when we were younger my Dad's older brother Uncle Saia came down to the U.S. and lived with us. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this man, when I think of him my eyes get all teary. This man is such a humble man, and soooooo loving. He used to take care of me & my brothers & sisters when my Dad was working and Mom was busy with something my Uncle would take the roll to getting us ready for school or for the day. Recently he had his leg amputated because of diabetes that runs on my Dad's side of the family. What a troope this man is with ALL that he has gone thru he NEVER gave up. Before I had left on my mission his family were not members of the church, but before I returned all of them were baptised and a year later sealed. Despite what has happened to him like my Dad they move on and face life, and what amazes us even more they only have eachother out here. I love you Uncle Saia and soooooo greatful for having you as my Uncle.

1 comment:

IONGI FAMILY said...

HOW FAST THE KIDS HAVE GROWN AND UR RIGHT UR UNKO SAIA IS SUCH A HUMBLE MAN LOVE THEM!!!